Friday, March 25, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Sorry guys... i really.. really don't know what the english for "brengkes" is... well.. the detail is, brengkes made from something (u can use anything, but now i use tofu & shrimp) fold up with spices&herbs and wrap with banana leaves.. and.. grill it! so if anyone has better name in english.. b my gueesss.. :)
this is my mom's old recipe.. from aour grandmom..and grand-grand-mom and this is very traditional meal from East Java.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
many thanks to mpok Lina from Big Island that gave me this simple, easy, and delicious recipe, awesome!!... i just add the flour again.. and again.. until get the right consistency.. :)
this is the original one from Lina, and i think she ever mention that she got this recipe from AllRecipe website..
oya.. i think the amount of the flour depend on the ricotta itself. i forgot to drain my ricotta so it contain lots of liquid and i have to add more and more flour...
and for the sauce, i just pour the marinara sauce from Tyler Florence Food Network or Giada d Laurentis also from Food Network. actually u can any kind of sauce onto it.. all fit with gnocchi!!
Original Recipe Yield 5 servings
• 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 (15.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
• 6 basil leaves, finely shredded
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small chunks
1. Stir together the ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan Cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large bowl until evenly combined. Mix in 1 cup of flour. Add additional flour if needed to form a soft dough.
2. Divide the dough into 3 or 4 pieces, and roll into 1/2-inch-thick ropes on a floured surface. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces, and place on a lightly floured baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in diced tomatoes and red pepper flakes; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in shredded basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. While sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Boil the gnocchi until they float to the surface, 1 to 2 minutes, then drain.
5. To assemble the dish, stir the cubed mozzarella cheese into the sauce and allow the heat of the sauce to soften, but not melt the cheese. Place gnocchi into a serving bowl, and spoon sauce overtop.
ooohhh.. this sate lilit is sooooo goooodddd.. i already love it since the 1st time ate this!! so i browse... and browse... and find this recipe. And by tomorrow i did try this. I give u 2 reference recipe... and i think both are awesome !!
Recipe #1: (sorry.. i haven't translate to english, it still the original one)
here's the original link
Bahan Sate Lilit :
250 gram daging ayam cincang (i use tengiri)
1 sdt merica tumbuk kasar
1 butir telur ayam
seperempat butir kelapa parut muda
5 buah cabai rawit merah iris halus
3 lembar daun jeruk parut iris halus
10 - 15 batang serai, bersihkan, iris sedikit ujungnya
1 sdm tepung tapioka
1 sdm minyak kelapa untuk mengoles
6 bw merah
2 bw putih
1 cm kencur
1 cm jahe
1 cm laos
½ sdt terasi bakar
½ sdt merica bulat
½ sdt ketumbar
½ sdt jinten
Cara memasak Sate Lilit :
1. Jadikan satu daging ayam bersama bumbu halus, merica, garam, gula dan telur.
2. Remas-remas adonan sampai menjadi kalis.
3. Masukkan kelapa parut, cabai dan daun jeruk purut. Aduk-aduk kembali.
4. Siapkan batang serai. Lumuri sebagian bonggolnya dengan tepung tapioka.
5. Beri 1 sdm adonan ayam dan ratakan sambil dibentuk menjadi bulatan lonjong seperti pentul.
6. Kerjakan hal yang sama hingga adonan habis. Siapkan bara api.
7. Bakar sate lilit sambil sesekali dibalik bila salah satu sisinya sudah matang dan berwarna kecokelatan.
8. Oles dengan sedikit minyak.
9. Rapikan sate dengan memotong batang serai bagian atasnya.
10. Sajikan panas dengan sambal matah, lawar sayur dan nasi pulen panas.
here's the original link
• 600g Spanish mackerel
• ½ cup Seafood Spice Paste (see below)
• 5 Fragrant lime leaves, chopped
• 1 pinch Black peppercorns, finely crushed
• 1 pinch salt
• 2 table spoons very finely chopped Bird’s eye chilies
• 2 tsp Palm Sugar
• Lemon grass or satay skewers
1. Mince fish fillet very finely in a food processor or with a chopper. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
2. Mould a heaped tablespoon full of this mixture around a lemon grass skewer over trimmed stalks and grill over charcoal until golden brown.
*Note: this recipe will not work with frozen fish.
For Seafood Spice Paste
• 450g Large red chilies halved, seeded and sliced
• 50g Garlic, peeled and sliced
• 225g Shallots, peeled and sliced
• 175g Fresh turmeric, peeled and sliced
• 100g Ginger, peeled and sliced
• 125g Candle nuts
• 200g Medium sized tomato, halved and seeded *I skip
• 2 tbsp Coriander seeds crushed
• 2 tbsp Dried shrimp paste (terasi), roasted *optional
• 150ml Coconut oil
• 2 ½ tbsp Tamarind pulp
• 250ml Water
• ¾ tbsp Salt
• 3 Salam leaves
• 2 stalks Lemon grass, bruised
1. Combine all ingredients except tamarind pulp, salam leaves and lemon grass, salt and water in a stone mortar or food processor and grind coarsely.
2. Place ground ingredients into a heavy saucepan, add remaining ingredients and simmer over medium heat for approximately 60 minutes or until water is evaporated and marinade changes to golden colour.
3. Cool before using.
4. Transfers into the jar and keep refrigerated
Another my trick to make my kids eating their tempe.. hihihihi... i got this recipe from member of NCC in the milist. Many thanks toEnno Maya Setiadi from Malang that posted this unusual recipe of tempe on the NCC milist... :) it makes another chapter of Tempe and give different taste to it too..
Here's the original recipe and added by me (as usual)..
Enno Maya Setiadi yang ada di Malang NCC
* 300 gr tempe (i use 500 gr)
* 1 sdm margarine, for saute
* 1 onion, chop
* 2 garlic, mashed & chop ( i use 4 garlic)
* 1 green onion, thin slice
* 1 egg (i use 2 eggs)
* 2 celery leaves (daun seledri indonesia)
* 1 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp white pepper
* 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder ( i don't use it)
* 2 egg whites for coating (i don't use it)
* i add: 1 cup bread crumbs
* 2 Tbsp margarine to fry
* i add: 1 Tbsp worchestershire sauce + 1 Tbsp soy sauce
Steam the tempe.
Mashed the tempe.
Saute the onion, green union, and garlic until fragrant. Set aside.
Mix together the sauted spices above, all sauces, salt pepper, and celery leaves.
Add the bread crumbs and eggs.
Shape the dough into ball and press little bit bcome pattie shape.
Fry the patties.
my method: i steam the patties (to add the crunchyness) then i fry them. or if u want to store them, just freeze 'em, and by the time u want it, u can fry it.